Considering an alar reduction: Would I need additional work done to achieve a more balanced look? (Photo)

Tip rhinoplasty not alar reduction would be my first choice for you

+1
as I believe I stated in the previous answer alar base reduction would not be my first choice.  I would first perform a tip rhinoplasty too narrow and refine your wide nasal tip.  In most cases this procedure alone helps narrow the alar base and makes an alar base reduction on necessary.  The risk of an alar base reduction and you is that it could create difficulty breathing through your nose.

Considering an alar reduction: Would I need additional work done to achieve a more balanced look?

+1
Rhinoplasty is one of those surgeries in which you do not have to change anything you do not want to change. An alar base reduction would make an improvement.

Alar reduction for wide nostrils

+1
An alar reduction is also known as an alar plasty  and this  procedure  can be performed under local anesthesia. A small wedge of skin at the base of the nostril is removed and the base of the nostrils are narrowed. This would bring the width of the nostrils into alignment with remainder of the nose. 

Alar reduction and refinement of the bulbous tip.

+1
Alar reduction and refinement of the bulbous tip is what you need since narrowing the base will make the tip look larger unless it is done.