Alar Crease After Rhinoplasty?

2 weeks after rhinoplasty I pushed down on the alar crease several times which left a flat indent. Did I ruin final results of rhinoplasty or will the soft tissues repair themselves and even out? If so how long? Thank you

Alar Crease After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Dear Mila,

Thank you for your question.  Its hard for me to know exactly what is going on from your description.  Including some photos would help. In general, you shouldn't manipulate the cartilages or bones of the nose very soon after rhinoplasty.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon. If something was 'pushed in', then it is possible this can be fixed if caught immediately.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon