Alar Base Trimming or Nose Lift

I've gone to a plastic surgeon 2 years ago regarding my nose which I have been wanting to be fixed since I was in high school. My nose is just small, its not long or big the problem is the alar size. My doc says he doesnt want to touch my face.

He already has given me liposuction on my upper arms and now I wanna start on my face. Im 28 years old. I would like some help regarding this, on what could be done. I was considering radiesse injections but I dont want a temporary change.Thanks

Alar base changes/nostril changes

+2

Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to tell what is going on from your photos.  Even then, a personal exam is really necessary.  Suffice to say that seldom is there a simple answer, and that your entire face should be examined by an experience surgeon, who can help you understand what (if any) procedures would be of benefit.

The goal should be a harmonious appearance of the face (and nose).

Hope this helps.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for Small Nose with Upward Rotated Tip

+2

Hi B,

It is difficult to evaluate your nose based on the blurred photos. The angle between your lip and nose is large, and should not be lifted anymore, if anything it should be rotated down a little. Best to get a few opinions from qualified, experienced rhinoplasty surgeons in person, then choose your surgeon most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Alar base trimming

+1

It is not a good idea to place Radiesse injections into the nose. There have been numerous complications with this and it is simply not a good idea. You can elect to undergo a rhinoplasty to build the height of a nose. Giving higher dorsal aesthetic lines may improve the aesthetics of the nose. Alar base wedge resections can also be performed to reduce the size of the ala.

Alar Narrowing and Nose Lift

+1

On the basis of your pictures, which are not clear, I would not suggest lifting our nose - the anlgle between the nose and your upper lip should not be increased to further shorten your nose. Narrowrng the alar base or increasing tip projection may be beneficial. Get a second opinion from an experienced nasal surgeon.

Alar base trimming or nose lift

+1

Thanks for trying to post the photos. My guess is in agreement with Dr. Mayer. Over the net without excellent photos from many views we the experts can only guess. Go see a boarded surgeon who is expert in rhinoplasty.

From MIAMI

Alar base trimming.

+1

Your photos appear to show that your nose should NOT be raised at all and it may need to be lowered. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does the kind of noses you like.

Rhinoplasty Can Help With Alar Size

+1

You can consult someone who focuses her / his practice on rhinoplasty and you will be able to get alar reduction to help reduce the width of the alae. At times the alar width can appear bigger than it is because of poor projection of the nose. That is why it is important to discuss all the options with a Rhinoplasty surgeon.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very difficult to determine from your pictures what is there you are concerned with. However, there is something to be said about the fact that your plastic surgeon did not recommend surgery. IF you are still in doubt, perhaps consult with another surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to get another opinion.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alar base narrowing can be done along with rhinoplasty

+1

It's very difficult to get a sense of your nose from the photos provided. There does appear to be some width to your nasal base and a bump seen on the three quarter view. You may be a good candidate for alar base reduction.

It would be best to consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon either in person or via phone or skype. That way, you can have a more detailed discussion of what is possible and whether that fits with your aesthetic goals. All the best.

Jason Litner, MD