Should I get Alar base reduction? (Photo)

The thing is that I want to get tip rhinoplasty along with an alar base reduction and I just wanted to check if it's recommended. If I get an alar base reduction, would it cause breathing problems for me? If you recommend other methods then please let me know. Thank you!

Alar Base Reduction

+1
In order to recommend alar base reduction or not, the rest of your face needs to be evaluated.  Generally speaking, if the alar base is wider than it should be in terms of proportions for your face, then reducing it +/- tipplasty will enhance the appearance.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards.

Should I get Alar base reduction?

+1
  I think that alar base reduction and tip refinement would allow for a more refined nose that would be balanced.

Alar reduction?

+1
Doesn't look like it to me. Your ala are not overly large. A tip rhinoplasty will help, however.  Check with your surgeon for his opinion. 

Howard A. Tobin, MD
Abilene Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I Ger an Alar Base Reduction ?

+1
A tip-plasty and alar base reduction will improve the appearance of your nose but it it is impossible to make any additional recommendations with the limited pictures you have submitted.