Alar Base Reduction Surgery

Where do I find a doctor who specializes in alar reduction surgery? I think Alar Reduction is exactly what I need but I'm worried that the doctors in my area (Boston, MA) are focused on Rhinoplasty for bumps/hooks. Is Alar Reduction considered Rhinoplasty I never knew anything about Alar reduction before, I wish I had because I would have had it done years ago. Is it a newer procedure and is it true it can be done in-office under local anesthesia at a very reasonable cost of $2000-$3000?

Alar base reduction surgery

+1

Alar base reduction is a technique used during rhinoplasty, and can be performed on its own. The cost is generally around $6500. It is best to have a board certified rhinoplasty specialist perform this procedure. You can look at the website for the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to find a specialist in your area. Look for before and after photos of alar base reduction on their website to see examples of their work. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Nasal width reduction

+1

Alar base reduction is a straight forward technique used in Rhinoplasty. A Rhinoplasty specialist would perform this routinely in patients that require narrowing of the nostril width. It can be performed on its own quite easily under local anaesthetic. I would suggest you have computer imaging and look at lots of before and after photos with the an expert in your area.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and alar reduction

+1

Dear BB123,

The answer is 'yes" alar base reduction is a part of rhinoplasty and done typically in conjunction with other refinements. I personally operate in my own fully accredited operating facility with an anesthesiologist. Depending on the extent of the procedure this may be done with local or more typically with IV sedation. As far as finding a surgeon in your area you may want to start with the real self top doctors. Typically I have many post operative rhinoplasty patients coming in throughout the day which allows my consulting patients the opportunity to speak with other patients and discuss their procedure and experience. I also use a digital imaging computer which is helpful for the consulting  patient to see their proposed result. I hope this is helpful and good luck in your search for a surgeon. Rhinoplasty with alar reduction in the hands of a skilled surgeon is a very rewarding procedure with an extremely high level of patient satisfaction. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Alar base reduction

+1

Alar base reduction is a technique that can be performed under local anesthesia in an operating room.  The cost is between $2-$3000 for an alar plasty procedure. Look for a busy rhinoplasty surgeon since that is a relatively minor procedure that all rhinoplasty surgeons perform routinely in conjunction with  their nose practice.

Alar base reduction surgery

+1

Yes, alar base reduction surgery would be considered a type of rhinoplasty.  It is not a new procedure, and sometimes can be performed under local anesthesia.  I would recommend looking for a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon that is experienced in rhinoplasty.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon