Kissing After Rhinoplasty?

How long after an alar base reduction procedure before can make-out with my boyfriend again? The procedure will involve sill incisions and possibly an alar cinch suture.

Talk to your doctor - kissing after rhinoplasty

+1

We all have our own ideas on activity after surgery. My advice to my patients is to wait at least three weeks for any delicate contact with the nose. If making out is a contact sport then wait six weeks. But in any case ask your own doctor. They should be the one giving your post-operative care instructions.

Give it three to four weeks

+1

Most wounds are 80 to 90% of their original strength by the fourth week post-operatively.  Listen to your body, it will let you know when its ok.  If it hurts then don't do it.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Be careful

+1

I wouldn't stress the repair for several weeks.  This is delicate tissue, and the mouth can generate a significant amount of force.  True love can wait.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Must be careful following surgery

+1

The only specific activities to avoid are ones that place  a good deal of force on the operated area.  Light touch and gentle pressure will most likely not effect your procedure.  If it hurts then most likely you should avoid it.  

Don't be afraid to ask your doctor

+1

Every doctor has their own rules regarding activity after surgery. Even if it seems embarrassing to ask this - ask them. Also questions such as "When can I have sex after surgery" can be covered. Usually there is no one right answer and it depends on how quickly you are healing.

After rhinoplasties, you usually get back to full activity fairly quickly. But as healing is an individual thing - ask your doctor -- that's why you are paying him.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

That depends on how vigorously you do it.

+1

Seriously, kissing is ok. Pushing noses against one another is something I would wait on. If it hurts, don't do it. Four weeks is probably fine.

Rhinoplasty and Smooching

+1

Hey There Delilah (as the White T's would say),

Are you serious? What kind of question is that? You are obviously single.

Use common sense, and definitely speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon about when you and your horny boyfriend can start sucking face again.

As for oral sex, I allow my patients to talk ( talking orally only) all they want about sex as soon as they feel up to it.

Good luck with your surgery, both your boyfriend and I wish you a most rapid recovery. Be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD