Can Alar Base Reduction Alone or with Repositioning Technique Help Me Achieve the Look of a Smaller Nose? (photo)

The left side of my nostrils is larger/wider than the right side because my nose cartilage is tilted to the right. Also, as you can see from my the NOSE-SIDEVIEW picture, the length of my nose tip and nostrils are out of balance. Is it possible to re-position my nostrils higher along with the alar base reduction? I would very much like a natural looking nose that is balanced to my face. (maybe slightly smaller) . I'm in the LA area. Looking to get the surgery done soon!

Alar base reduction can help

+2

Alar reduction can help to narrow the base of the nose but it must be done very carefully to avoid an unnatural look. Any attempt to radically narrow the base can make the nose look like it is "pasted on". The same thing can be said of alar repositioning. It is best to reduce the base in a subtle way combined with tip work to give a more refined look. I would suggest you seek out an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Best of luck.

Brookline Plastic Surgeon

Alar reduction

+1

alar reduction by itself is a simple procedure which will reduce the flare of your nostrils. It takes about 30 minutes and can be done under local anesthesia. On the other hand I don't see that much asymmetry in your nose and the faring is not really bad.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Alar Base Reduction or Repositioning #nosejob

+1

Ethnic Rhinoplasty procedures can be very challenging so picking an experienced board certified surgeon is important. Right up front I can tell you that everyone has asymmetric nostrils. Few people have perfect symmetry. What is important for you is that you clearly define what you want, which I think you do, and take that to the office visit and discuss with your surgeon whether or not your goals are realistic to achieve or not. Some goals are attainable, and others are not. An experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon will be able to deliver for you what is possible.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Alar Base Reduction

+1

Your alar base can be reduced and modifying the contour of your tip cartilages will provide a smaller narrower nose. Better pictures or a personal consultation would help me provide specific recommendations.

Can Alar Base Reduction Alone or with Repositioning Technique Help Me Achieve the Look of a Smaller Nose?

+1

Better to obtain IN PERSON evaluations with boarded surgeons in L.A. There are many. There you can discuss all your issues.

Alar base reduction, etc for the Asian nose.

+1

Alar base reduction with scars at the sides of the the nostrils leave bad scars in general. The incisions inside the nostrils leave good scars. Further evaluation of your nose needs to be done in person to consider facial shape size,etc.

Alar base reduction for ethnic nose

+1

The two issues you describe are nostril width and the alar-columellar relationship. Your columella appears retracted relative to the nostrils. Correcting this, along with reducing nostril width, may give you the best result. Seek out a surgeon with experience and good results in cases like yours. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and alar base reduction

+1

Alar base reduction and tip refinement would improve the cosmesis of your nose. The nostrils can be elevated at the same time. Seek out a board-certified Facial Plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

+1

This really depends upon overall goals and understanding of nasal and facial balance. Some of these changes can be brought about with alar base alteration. Other techniques such as tip refinement may be helpful as well. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA