Alar Base Reduction Needed? Are More Incisions Required? Lengthening Possible? (photo)

i feel if my broad nasal bridge is narrowed and tip reduction done, then my alar base, still will be wider? do i need alar base reduction also or is it in proportion with my face?.. i feel my nose is also short? can it be lengthened ? or narrowing the nasal bridge itself will give lengthy appearance? and i have a thick skin too can too many manipulations be risky.. to which extent can these be corrected?..thank you.

What's Best for improving a nose?

+1

It appears that narrowing the tip and better defining it, along with lengthening of the nose and narrowing of the nostils(alae) would improve the aesthetics of your nose. Chin augmentation would also help to balance your facial features. Elevation of the bridge would not be necessary unless it was something you desired. You should expect a nice improvement in your appearance providing you have a surgeon who is experienced in rhinoplasty surgery. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Profiloplasty

+1

I think you are right.I do alar trimming from inside so as to avoid any outside scars.

In your case I will suggest a tip graft to hold it up and keep it narrow that can also give lengthening to the nose if a silicone implant strut limited to collumela and supra-tip area is used.

It seems the thicker skin may hide some of the results achieved .Good luck

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Alar Base Reduction and Nasal Lengthening

+1

All of the changes you describe including alar base reduction and nasal lengthening will improve the appearance of your nose. Augmenting  and narrowing the bridge will give the illusion of lengthening your nose but a tip graft will also help you achieve that goal and refine your tip. These maneuvers are not risky if you select an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Chin augmentation will also improve facial proportions.

Attractive proportions in rhinoplasty

+1

Building your dorsum (bridge of your nose) will give the appearance of slightly narrowing and lengthening your nose.  To my eye, further lengthening your nose by counter-rotating the tip and further narrowing your nose by medializing your nasal bones with osteotomies (fracturing your nasal bones) will also enhance the overall appearance.  Refining your tip and narrowing the base of your nostrils (alar base modification) also would be appropriate.

The thickness of your skin will limit the degree of refinement you can achieve, but will not negatively affect the safety of surgery.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD