Can Alar Base Reduction Be Done to Narrow the Base of the Nose Without Decreasing the Size of Nostrils?

I just had revision rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago and an alar base reduction was also performed with incisions in the bottom of the nose. I still have flaring nostrils which will become more obvious as my bridge and tip decrease in swelling so i wanted to know if i could later undergo an alar base reduction under local to my to make the base more narrow without changing the nostrils as they are already small and i dont want it to impact my breathing. Is this possible at all?

Alar base reduction without nostrils being made smaller

+1

Flare of the nostrils can be treated without narrowing them. If the base is too wide still after alar base excision,it may be tough to not reduce the nostril size as well. Best to ge examined in person to see how they were done originally.

Concerns of Small Nostrils and Alar Base Resection after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

If you have small nostrils, you are correct to be concerned about further narrowing the nostrils.  Pictures and an exam would be necessary to determine what, if anything, needs to be or could be done.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA