Alar Base Cinch Suture?

Is it possible to remove the alar base cinch suture? When I smile, the sutures are preventing my nose from widening. It looks unnatural. I had an open rhinoplasty including alarplasty two weeks ago.

Alar Cinch Suture Release/Removal

+2

An alar cinch suture is easy to release and remove. An unnatural effect on smiling is one potential drawback with their use.

Alar base cinch suture

+2

Usually the alar base cinch suture is used for very wide alar bases. It usually gives a bit as the swelling comes down. Speak with your surgeon.

Alar Base Cinch Suture?

+1

The alar base suture can be removed, but you may need another procedure to narrow the base if this is done.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA