When Can I Wear Jeans After a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

4"9' 120 LBS breast reduction and a tummy tuck . One week post op. I had gained from 110 to 120 so most of my clothes didn't fit now with swelling none fit but i don't want to buy alot if size will change alot with swelling down i also didn't get lipo on my hips as it was an additonal 3000. One more thing I was a 32 F and my boobs still seem so big will the swelling go down ? Oh I have had two c sections and had lots of strech marks and extra skin that are now gone :)

Jeans after tummy tuck

+4

From your photo, it looks like your tummy is healing well. You are only one week from your surgery.  You are very swollen, so its probably not a good idea to wear snug jeans at this time.  Please talk to your PS on when he/she recommends transition to jeans.  I'm sure you'll love your results!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Wearing jeans and tight cloths after a tummy tuck

+4

You can wear jeans within two weeks after your tummy tuck but you can not wear tight cloths for about 4-6 weeks after your abdominoplasty.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

When Can I Wear Jeans After a Tummy Tuck

+4

Looks like a nice result so far, congratulations. Most patients (at least many patients) come in at a week feeling and being larger than before surgery. Usually by a month they can fit in their clothes, and shortly after the clothes will be loose!!

Patience. Best wishes. 

Jeans after tummy tuck

+3

It will take several months for the swelling to subside.  I tell my patients to wear what ever is comfortable.  Between the swelling, numbness and tenderness it may be some time before you get back into your jeans but you will get there and feel good about yourself.

Glenn M. Davis, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

When can I wear jeans after tummy tuck.

+2

I usually advise my patients to wait 4 to 6 weeks before they wear tight clothes after their tummy tuck.  Even if your scar appears to be healing well, it is fragile and you tummy is still swollen.  You should protect it for another 4-6 weeks.

Christina Bernier, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

When Can I Wear Jeans After a Tummy Tuck?

+2

Appears as a very good early result after ONE WEEK!!! Best to discuss with your surgeon about wearing jeans this early. 

Jeans After a Tummy Tuck

+1
From your photos, you appear to be healing well. Post operative swelling is common, and gaining weight post surgery is common. Hide the scales.

Each surgeon has his or her own guidelines regarding postoperative care. Consult with your surgeon as he or she knows the specifics about your.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Wearing Jeans After Tummy Tuck

+1

Most tummy tuck patients are not going to feel comfortable wearing jeans until about 3 weeks after surgery. This gives time for the drain(s) to be removed, the incision to heal better and some of the swelling to go down. make sure you ask your plastic surgeon before doing so and that he feels it will not cause a problem for your healing incision.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD