Is it normal to not have drains after Liposuction and Fat Transfer?

I'm having a fat transfer on 03/27/14! noticed that every person I read about has drainage tubes after their lipo/fat transfer but my doctor says I won't. Is this normal?

+2
  I think that the use of drains has little effect on the overall result.  The most important factor in BBL is to select a surgeon who produces fantastic results and then trust the judgment of the surgeon.

Is it normal to not have drains after liposuction and fat transfer?

+1

Is normal not to have drains after a liposuction and fat transfer in fact not many doctors use drains for liposuction, If the surgeon you choose is telling you there is no need for drains just follow she/his pre operative instruction.Good luck in your up coming procedure.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Drains after liposuction?

+1
Most patients under going liposuction and BBL do not need the use of drains. The fluid is reabsorbed naturally by the body.  An experienced doctor that does this surgery frequently knows how much fluid the body can absorb.  The key is making sure your surgeon is board certified and has done this procedure many times.      

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Draining

+1

Drains play a very important part in your recovery, these help you discharge all the fluids injected during the surgery as well as body fluids and they will help you un swell.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Drains After Liposuction

+1
I don't think that drains help much in the outcome, but it cannot hurt.  If one surgeon uses this technique over another, that is because of personal preference and experience and I would trust the surgeon or dermatologist who is taking care of you.  I typically do not use drains, but do leave a few sites open for drainage.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.