What implant would give me a fuller shape all around and a little more projection, not a lot in a sub muscular placement?

I currently have saline and want to switch to silicone, I don't know the diameter but it's 409cc, any suggestions on increasing size all around, with a little more projection ? I feel the implants diameter is not achieving fullness all around, Thank you

+2

Thank you for the question.  Despite your good description of goals, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures and direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror)  will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup” or “a little more projection/fullness” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns) helps.

Implants come in many profiles now

+2
Hello.
When you are changing from saline to silicone the shape of the implant can be chosen to give you more projection. The high profile type would be the best bet for this. You will really love the soft and natural feel of the silicone gel.

Breast Wishes.

Anne Taylor, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Increasing projection with silicone implant

+2
Great question.
You should be evaluated by a board certified/eligible plastic surgeon. The surgeon can evaluate your tissue, current implant placement and projection, and will be able to determine the right implant for you.
There are many types of implants on the market today, from round to shaped, smooth and textured, and differing profiles.

Good luck.

Bryson G. Richards, MD

Breast Implant Revision and Replacement

+1
Thank you for your question. Pictures and measurements would be helpful.

Switching from saline to silicone breasts implants is very common but more information is needed with an in person consultation.

To see what might be right for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS