Could Something Be Wrong Because I Didn't Take It Easy? (photo)

I Had Silicone Implants Put in 6 Days Ago,i Am Very Stubborn & Havn't Took It Easy Since Day #2.. Yesterday I was hanging curtains and it was high up,not only was I stretching my right arm,I was also using an electric drill.pain meds had me feeling 10 ft tall & bulletproof, ever since then I have been hurting under my right breast where the incision is, I'm really worried that I've caused something to go wrong,but there appears to be no bleeding,I have tape over incision so not real sure,since then I have been taking it easy,but I dont have my nxt visit to doc for 3 wks.any advice?

Vigorous activity after breast augmentation will probably not create any significant problems but you should take it easy.

+1

All surgeons have certain restrictions to activity on their patients after surgery. You should follow the surgeon's recommendations even though you might feel that you're capable of engaging any given activity. In any event you should check in with your surgeon for examination.

Could Something Be Wrong Because I Didn't Take It Easy?

+1

Chances are no harm was done, but that could be false reassurance. A call to your surgeon would be more appropriate. He/she can ask a few questions and decide whether or not you need to be seen ahead of schedule. 

Your participation in your post op care is important in getting the outcome you desire. 

All the best. 

Slow down and give yourself a chance to heal after a breast augmentation

+1

More than likely you are okay and have not caused any long term damage to your surgery or result.  Having these type of shooting pains is not unusual and can be the result of stretching the sensory nerves or causing a spasm of the muscle.  Take it easy and allow yourself time to heal.  

Pain after surgery from over doing it

+1

Usually if there is a significant problem, you'll know it.  One breast will be markedly larger, tighter, more painful and perhaps discolored from bleeding.  This would be the most acute problem.  However, to be sure, you should contact your surgeon, be seen and follow their advise.  After all, you selected and trusted them to be your surgeon.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes STOP BEING STUBBORN! Call your surgeon ASAP to be seen. Over activity might or could cause issues in the internal scarring and/or cause bottoming out. Please follow post operative instructions and be seen now! 

Breast Augmentation and Not Taking It Easy

+1

The biggest risk at this point would be hematoma.  This would be recognized by increased pain on one side and a larger breast.  Followup with your plastic surgeon sooner for an exam.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Over Activity after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Although it is not possible to provide you with precise advice online, it is most probable that no harm has been done despite your vigorous activity. At this point, I would suggest that you “take it easy” and seek earlier than scheduled follow-up with your plastic surgeon for more precise/meaningful evaluation.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Activity after breast augmentation

+1

I recommend to my patients to limit exertional activity  for 3-4 weeks after breast augmentation.  Doing work around the house definitely is included!  While I doubt you did anything bad, if you have more symptoms or want to be checked out, contact your doctor.

Stay in touch with your Plastic Surgeon

+1

Most likely you are OK but it is really important to follow your surgeon's post-surgical instructions.  The healing is just as important as the surgery.  Your body is recovering from the surgery, the scar are not yet strong enough to withstand regular activities and can break open.  If that happens you can loose your implants and go back to square one.

Talk to your plastic surgeon's office and let them know of your concern.  They might want you to come in to be seen and assessed just to be safe.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Being a bad plastic surgery patient

+1

It is amazing why a patient who subjects themselves to the cost and risk of surgery won't do everything it takes to be the best patient possible to help get the result they wanted. Once the surgeon has given you their best effort you can either do your part or risk blowing the whole thing. Your stubborn choice.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS