I Want to Have a Bbl Done but Just Found out I Have an Umbilical Hernia? (photo)

I want to still have my bbl done. I don't want this hernia to stop that. I've had this outty belly button since I was born never hurt or gave me any problems. Is it necessary for me to have this hernia taken care if b4 bbl ? I would rather have both surgeries at same time is it possible?

Umbilical Hernia and a BBL?

+1

Umbilical hernias are extremely common and do not pose a problem for a Brazilian Butt Lift. In most cases, it can be repaired at the same time. Make sure to find a BBL surgeon who is a specialist and does a minimum of 6 BBLs per week.

Umbilical Hernia & BBL

+1

If your umbilical hernia is not causing pain, it is not necessary to fix it. You can proceed with your BBL, with care being taken to avoid that area during lipo. Alternativley, you can have it fixed at the same time. All the best!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Repair your umbilical hernia before your Brazilian butt lift

+1

Thanks for your question.  I recommend having your hernia repaired either before or the same time as the Brazilian butt lift.  Good luck and take care

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

I Want to Have a Bbl Done but Just Found out I Have an Umbilical Hernia?

+1

Your hernia looks small and can be fixed at the time of the Brazilian buttlift.  This should not be an issue in the right hands.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Brazilian Butt lift plus hernia repair

+1

Thanks for your questions and photos. You have to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon to check if both surgeries can be done at the same time, generally these two procedures can be done together and it is not necessary to have a second surgery for hernia repair. Best Wishes!

Australia Fragoso Baez, MD