How Do I Know if I Have an Air Pocket in my Breast Implant?

I have had my implants for 16 yrs now and I have been getting stabbing like pains in the side and now recently I feel as if the implant itself has moved and is pushing out on the left breast, I also am feeling a cold feeling in certain spots on the breast as well. Thank you

Breast symptoms

+1

You are describing some unusual symptoms and after sixteen years you may want to get them checked out.

Strange sensations in breast implants 16 years after surgery

+1

These are not typical complaints and certainly not indicative of an "air pocket" which is highly unlikely. See a board certified plastic surgeon for  an evaluation.

Breast implants need good evaluation after 16 years.

+1

Hi.

I am not sure what's wrong with your breast implants, but it is not an air pocket.  They could be ruptured.  You need a good exam, and an MRI of the breasts.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

NOT an Air Pocket

+1
When saline-filled breast implants are placed under the breast and filled with saline care is taken to make sure there is no air in the implant. Tiny pockets of air may sometimes be left in but rapidly disappear. They pose no threat at all while they are there. Under no circumstances do they last a month much less 16 years. I suspect there may be another explanation for your symptoms and recommend you you see a plastic surgeon. I I suspect there may be another I

Air Pockets in Breast Implants

+1

It would be extremely rare to develop an air pocket in your implant 16 years post-op.  Your symptoms sound somewhat unusual, but you should check with your plastic surgeon or family doctor.  An ultrasound study of your breasts may be an appropriate initial test.

John Whitt, MD