Feels Like Air Bubbles After BA. Is this Normal?

I feel what seems like air bubbles under my breast on top of my ribs. I am one day post op, is this normal? Also, if I press on my ribs under my breasts it is sore.

Yes, it is very common and normal for some women to have a feeling of air bubbles or even the sounds of the bubbles after a breast augmentation.  Sometimes this resolves in a day or two, and sometimes it takes a week or so.

400 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Air or fluid around implant after breast augmentation

Anytime breast implants are placed, a small amount of residual fluid or air will be trapped between your tissues and the implants.  This air and/or fluid will reabsorb over the course of the first few weeks after surgery.  In the meantime, your implants may feel "squeaky."  This is common and not of any concern.

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

6124 West Parker Road
Plano, TX 75093

Air bubbles after breast augmentation

Some times after surgery on the breast a small amount of air gets trapped inside the pocket. This usually absorbs after a few days.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Air Bubbles after Breast Augmentation?

Yes,  It is quite common to feel the presence of “air bubbles" (crepitus).  This will resolve within a few days to a week.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942