Air bubble in one breast (hear it and feel it) after silicone exchange. Is it normal, and will it go away?

I had breast aumentation on may 13/2014 ( change of implants) I used to have implants PIP, now I feel like an air bubble in my right breast, very superficial like 8 com from nipple upper inner quadrant at 2 oclock, is this normal?, will it go away?

Air bubble after breast augmentation

+2
Air and fluid remaining after an augmentation can occur and usually resolves on its own.  I would wait several months before pursuing any intervention.

Air bubble and breast after breast augmentation

+1
Retained air in the breast implant pocket is not uncommon following breast augmentation.  However if you are more than a week or 2 postop you need to be seen by your plastic surgeon for an examination and diagnosis.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Air Bubble following Breast Augmentation

+1
During the course of a breast augmentation procedure (exchange included), the breast pocket is exposed to air prior to pocket closure. Following the surgical procedure, patients may sometimes experience or complain of air and/or fluid residing in the breast pocket.  The body naturally reabsorbs any residual air or fluid on its own, however, if this persists, worsens or becomes painful it is always advisable to seek the attention of your plastic surgeon.

Stephen T. Greenberg, MD

AIr bubble?

+1
Without an exam it is difficult to say whether or not you have retained air in the pocket. It could be fluid you are feeling. Best to ask your surgeon.

Air around implant

+1
Air has access to the pocket while it is open during surgery.  It is gradually resorbed over the course of one to four weeks.  If still present by a month, your surgeon should see you for an exam-- this may be fluid and not air. 

All the best. 

Air Bubble after breast implant exchange?

+1
It is unclear what you are feeling. Air bubbles would be unusual in this situation, but see your surgeon. It may be a palpable edge of implants, fluid, blood, or even an internal suture. If it tis fluid or blood, it needs to be removed. Call your surgeon and be seen.

Matthew Schulman, MD