Air Bubble in Breast Implant?

I have saline under the muscle implants. They are almost one month old. I have always had a small air bubble in the bottom side of one of them. It is not visible, but I can feel it. Is this normal? Will it go away? Can it cause problems?

Feeling a portion of your breast implant is normal

+1

The ability to feel a portion of your breast implant is not a problem unless it is large and shows frequently. This is pretty common.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Bubbles are reabsorbed

+1

Even if an air bubble is in a saline implant when it is placed, your body will reabsorb it over time and what you are felling is the shell of the implant itself. The amount that you will feel it depends on how much of your own tissue is covering the implant. The area where you have this sensation is the most common part of the breast to feel this because there is no muscle covering it there.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

This is normal - it's just your implant

+1

Even "under the muscle," some parts of the saline implant are not under the muscle and this holds true where you are feeling the "bubble."  What you are feeling is the edge of the implant under your skin.  It is normal and not harmful at all.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS