Is it Okay to Get AHA with Galvanic While Still on Accutane?

My son is on month 4 of accutane treatment. e have a ocal beauty therapy establishment who has been treating him with Ozone treatments during most of this time. Is it ok for him to get AHA with galvanic while he is still on accutane?

Okay to Get AHA with Galvanic While Still on Accutane?

+1

Thank you for your question. Any beauty treatments such as other topicals or peels should be avoided while your son is on Accutane as being on the medication can increase his chances of scarring. You should discuss this with his dermatologist if you have any further concerns. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist with expertise in acne for the most effective and safe treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

AHA and Accutane

+1

It largely depends on the AHA concentration. Some AHA products are between 5-8%, some go as high as 70% in a physician's office. So, if he's not being treated at a physician's office with this procedure, no, I would not recommend he do it, because he could get severe burns if mistreated or treated with a product that has too high of a percentage, which could result in long-term or permanent damage to the skin.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD