Will Rhinoplasty Help Me? (photo)

I recently went to see a doctor for a rhinoplasty consultation. The doctor said I did not need it and to get a chin implant instead. I am aware that from a certain angle my nose looks too big for my face. It is difficult to capture this certain angle but it really bothers me. I constantly worry if others see it. The other sides of my face don't bother me at all. I just wanted a few other oppinions whether a rhinoplasty could help me.

Rhinoplasty for nasal hump and tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty for nasal hump and tip refinement would be best along with a chin implant. You should get a second opinion.

Will Rhinoplasty Help Me?

+1

Aestheically speaking, from the photos provided, the nose is large with a dorsal hump and an over-projected nasal tip.  Closed Rhinoplasty would be able to address these issues.  The chin is weak and a Chin Augmentation using a Chin Implant would balance the entire lower face.  Hope this helps. 

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Will Rhinoplasty Help Me?

+1

Reviewing the pictures you submitted you do have a hump in your bridge and inadequate chin projection. A full set of pictures as described on our website will help us evaluate your nose. I would also suggest you get a second opinion regarding you nose and chin. Only you can answer your question but  you need more information before making a decision.

Decision to undergo rhinoplasty purely a personal one

+1

Rhinoplasty is an elective cosmetic procedure, and as such, the decision to pursue it or not rests with you as an individual.  1. Does the way your nose looks bother you?  2. Will rhinoplasty correct those areas of concern?  3. Do you expect improvement and not perfection?  If the answer is yes, then you may be a candidate for rhinoplasty.  The 2nd question will need to be answered with the help of a board-certified, rhinoplasty specialist.