What can I do to improve my puffy eyes and wrinkles? I'm only 22? :( (Photo)

I'm 22 and always look very tired and I get severe lines when I smile. My eyebags are puffy and look like I didn't sleep well. A doctor suggested 10 units of botox under the eyes, but won't that make the bags even more prominent?

What can be done about puffy eyes and wrinkles.

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
I should start by saying that I'm not sure how 10 Units of Botox under your eyes would help your situation at all. You seem to have 2 things that make your under eyes look puffy. One is herniation of fat from within the orbit. A blepharoplasty can be used to correct this. Most often this procedure is done on older individuals, as the fat tends to pooch through as we age. However there are some people, like yourself that have that condition as a matter of genetics. Once the fat is removed, it essentially does not come back. In addition, you appear to have some bunching of the Orbicularis muscle just under you lower eyelid lash margin. I call it a "Jelly roll". This can be smoothed with about 1 Unit of Botox, or can be gotten rid of permanently with excision of some of the muscle.I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of Luck to you!

I would recommend filler

+1
I would recommend against botox in this area and would advise you to consider Restylane or Belotera to tear troughs first.  From your photos you would likely achieve a good result with minimal filler needed (less than a single syringe divided between the two sides).  Be well.

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Puffy eyelids

+1
Based on your photos it appears that you have prominent fat under the eyelids and a line known as a "tear trough."

The best treatment for this is going to be surgical correction. Botox will not treat these lines, as they are not caused by over activity of the muscles, but rather the way the muscles and surrounding tissues are inserting into your cheek bone.

A non surgical option to help mask the problem could be a trial of filler (such as Juvederm), however, this would be a temporary treatment which is not without potential for complications.

A consultation with a plastic surgeon will be helpful to evaluate and discuss what treatment options will be best for your case.

Best Regards,

Dr. Stutman

Ross Stutman, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon