Aggressively Squeezed Pore on Nose 3 Weeks Post-op Rhinoplasty?

I aggressively squeezed a pore on my nose at 21 days post-op rhinoplasty. The surrounding skin is pink and irritated, and the pore itself is red and very bothered. I've made an appointment with my surgeon, but I would love to hear second opinions, and if it is possible that permanent damage might result from such a (stupid) action (I don't know what I was thinking). The pore (or blackhead) is on the side of the tip of my nose, and I have no grafts in the tip. Thank you.

+1

Dear Visna,

Thank you for your question.  Squeezing a pimple before it is completely mature can be damaging to the tissue as this can explode the pimple inward instead of outward.  Make sure you do not have an infection with your plastic surgeon.  Also, as you have come to realize, its best to leave your nose alone while it is healing.  The cartilages of the tip are sutured together, and we don't want to break those sutures before the nose has stabilized.  Most likely you haven't done any damage if you do not see any difference inthe nose.  However, let it heal. Treat it like baby skin.

Best Wishes,

Pablo PRichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Aggressively squeezed pore on nose 3 weeks after rhinoplasty?

+1

It sounds like the irritation you are experiencing is external, and it is unlikely you did any damage to your end result. In general, you will want to avoid the following after rhinoplasty:

1) Squeezing or putting pressure on the nose
2) Rubbing the nasal skin, or excessively scrubbing the nose

A visit to your surgeon is a good idea to make sure you are healing properly, but everything should be ok if you don't notice any major structural abnormalities. I hope this helps, and good luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty

+1

You should see your surgeon to make sure you do not have an infection.  If not you probably will be OK.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD