What does aggressive rhinoplasty mean? (photo)

Hi. My nose leans to one side, not sure what injury I sustained. I play a lot of contact sports, so it could have happened on any number of occasions. I didn't think it was too bad, but was told i needed 'aggressive rhinoplasty'. I didn't even know there were levels of rhinoplasty. In fact, I was naive enough to think I could maybe just get it reset without surgery. From a profile perspective, my nose is unchanged. Could you please explain the different procedures, and if I have options.

What does aggressive rhinoplasty mean?

+1
Your nose can be improved through a closed rhinoplasty.  Aggressive rhinoplasty is not a conventional term.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Not sure what your surgeon means by aggressive rhinoplasty, he must mean a full rhinoplasty.  

Open or closed techniques are the most common:

You can accomplish the same goals either with open or closed rhinoplasty and your search should be for an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does rhinoplasty on a regular basis. I prefer the closed rhinoplasty but many surgeons are more comfortable with the open technique. My criticisms of many open rhinoplasties is that they are inadequately reduced and your nose needs significant reduction. Basically it projects, or sticks out, too far from your face and requires substantial reduction.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

What does aggressive rhinoplasty mean?

+1
Many thanks for the question.I agree with John Frodel. It's just an expression.At its best it may mean seporhinoplasty or the PS may be expressing that he has to do a lot .Perhaps it could be a business tactics to charge you more than the others. I don't know to be true what was the intention.But in the hands of right surgeon you are a good candidate for good result.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Just a phrase....

+1

I'm not sure what was implied by whomever told you that you need an "aggressive rhinoplasty".  It's true that not all rhinoplasties are the same, as all noses are unique.  However, some rhinoplasties are more complex than others.  I don't see anything in your photo that suggests particular complexity, and the deviation can be from many causes: it just grew that way, you had some trauma to your nose as a child, etc.  Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and they can review the options with you.  You are likely a very good candidate for rhinplasty surgery.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon