Aggressive Liposuction with Remaining Limited Flexibility 14 Months Post Op, What Can I Do?

I had aggressive inner thigh liposuction performed 14 months ago. I was very serious about exercise prior to that time. However my post op flexibility has decreased by about 40% and now limits my exercise. What is the reason and is there anything I can do to correct the problem?

Liposuction recovery

+1

Dear patient, At 14 months following your surgery, there normally shouldn't be any limitations in movement. There may be other reasons or factors for your lack of mobility. I suggest that you consult your physician to pin point the reasons of your prolonged recovery.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

It is unclear why you have decreased flexibility and exactly what you mean be this - leg abduction doing the splits, hip flexion bringing the knee to the chest etc. In my experience aggressive liposuction of the inner thighs is not usually a good idea as the skin in the area tends to sag afterward making your legs look like they belong to an aged individual.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Flexibiilty after liposuction

+1

It is unlcear why you would have decreased flexibility after liposuction that was performed 14 months ago.  You should definitely see your doctor.

Limited Flexibility after "Aggressive Liposuction"

+1

It is hard to conjecture why your ? thigh flexibility would be affected by "aggressive liposuction" over a year after the operation. Yes, liposuction, like all operations, leaves some scarring, but the scars do no bind or tether the joints preventing movement. Moreover, at 14 months after the surgery all scars should be mature.  I would re-visit your Plastic surgeon and ask him to help you with this. It sounds like you need to see an Orthopedic surgeon and have him examine you and suggest the appropriate treatment. You may be surprised to find that the cause may not even be related to the liposuction.

Good Luck.