Will Aggressive Lipo Fix my Bulge? (photo)

I'm 7mpo a tummy tuck and muscle repair.Before my TT I asked my PS if I should lose weight.He said it wasn't neccessary. Here I am now with this large bulge.I can still feel that my MR is intact. And my PS said there is no need to do more tightening. I'm scheduled for aggressive ab lipo. Will lipo fix my bulge? Was I an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck? I want my stomach to look like my sucking in photo. Will an extended tummy tuck revision help me get to my goal? I'm 5'3, 160lbs, if that helps.

Abdomen bulging after tummy tuck

+3

it is hard to tell on the pics whether there is an intra abdominal component of fat as that will not go away without diet.. i personally like to see patients at their best weight before performing tummy tucks...i think you have significant improvement and believe a large part of satisfaction is about realistic expectations..good luck

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after tummy tuck

+2

There is no doubt that liposuction will improve the contour and reduce the bulge to some extent.  I don't think you will be able to acheive full reduction of the buldge to the level seen in the "sucking in" photo.    I do appreciate a right sided "dog ear" at the edge of your scar.  This will likely improve with liposuction of that area as well but may be additionally improved with a slight extension of your scar and direct excision of the underlying fat. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Will Aggressive Lipo Fix my Bulge?

+1

In looking at your photos it appears that there is a sizable difference when you suck your stomach in, that would tell me that the appearance of your abdomen is a combination of muscle tone and intra-abdominal fat, neither of which will be fixed with any type of liposuction.

Julio Garcia, MD

Abdominoplasty revision

+1

The complete flattening when you pull in your stomach is usually a sign that the muscle is loose and needs tightening. I do not think your current situation has anything to do with your before surgery weight. If you pinch your abdominal skin/fat and the distance between your fingers is less than 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch liposuction will not do anything to improve your current situation. In that case the only solution would be further suture muscle tightening and/or works out in the gym.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Revision abdominoplasty

+1

It is hard to say what would be best for you without an exam. I imagine that if you can suck in and look better, then perhaps the plication was not done adequately enough. Liposuction may help if the subcutaneous layer is thick.

Tummy tuck may give better results than aggressive liposuction

+1

Without examining your abdomen, it would be hard to answer whether liposuction or additional muscle tightening would give you the best result. You should discuss this further with your plastic surgeon.

Donna Rich, MD

Liposuction after tummy tuck

+1

Your contour looks very good when you pull your stomach in, and it seems therefore that liposuction will not help to allow you to let your abdomen 'hang' as in the other photo. If you can pull in that well, then we too feel the muscle repair is in intact. You might consider strengthening before liposuction as the cure.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Lipo after Tummy Tuck

+1

You look like you would have improvement from liposuction.  However, your "sucking in" pictures says to me that your muscle could also be pulled tighter for an even flatter result.  However, without seeing you in person, it is difficult to give specific advice or recommendations.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1

I'm sorry, but it's impossible to answer your question by a photo without an exam. I do notice a dramatic difference in your posture and spine curvature in the two photos and suspect the forward curvature of your midspine is part of the problem. If you can push your finger gently against the center of your bulge and it feels firm, you are feeling muscle just under the skin and lipo will be of absolutely no benefit. Based on your flat tummy picture I am pretty sure the fat layer is thin and lipo will not help. Get another opinion and exam be a well trained surgeon.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+1

The photos only slightly help. IN person examination is the ONLY way to answer you as to lipo vs more muscle tightening.