Aggressive Jaw, Submental Lipo Vs. Mini-Facelift

Liposuction of the jawline and under the chin does great for many patients.

+4

Liposuction of the submentum (under chin) and jawline does great for many  patients and is easy to undergo for about $2500-3250 under local anesthesia and you can drive yourself home and be back to work in 1 day.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

+2

Try the lipos first, less invasive for a good result. Especially in your age group.  From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Chin fat, neck fat

+2

An exam is needed to determine where is the fat, above or below the muscle or in both. Depending on the findings you may need only appropriate liposuction when the fat is under the skin, above the nuscle. If the fat is under the muscle then a submentral incision is made to remove the fat under the muscle and repairing the muscle.

Liposuction with a chin implant

+2

Hi,

From your pics, I think that aggressive liposuction and a chin implant is the answer. Minifacelift is not appropriate for you at this point.

Best.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Liposuction

+2

Very few "aggressive" things are beneficial in the long term. In your case, liposuction of the neck would give you a leaner more youthful look. I would defer the Facelift for when you have nose to mouth lines and jowling.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Lipo vs minifacelift

+2

In your case, because you look like you have good skin and a modest amount of fat, lipo would be my recommendation, but not "aggressive" as that is how you get into all the lipo problems.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Minilift vs Liposuction of the Neck

+1

In your situation a facelift would be too aggressive with scarring visible about your ear to be worth your while.

If indeed there is fat below your chin then a liposuction with the addition of Cellulaze sidelaze would re-contour and tighten your neck and jawline with as good results as a mini-lift and probable last longer.

Please consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making any decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Mini face lift vs submental lipo

+1

I think that you may be a good candidate for the less invasive procedure.  I agree with the others who advised aggressive submental lipo and would not proceed directly to a mini lift procedure.  Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Excess Neck Fat Can Be Treated w/MicroLiposuction

+1

From the photo, there does appear to be excess fat in the neck area which could be treated with micro-liposuction of the submental area and entire neck...just below the jaw line.  You do not appear to have jowls, which would be an early indication for a minimum incision Face Lift. 

However, for the past 20 years, I have found that removing fat from the face of patients 40 years old or older typically results in sagging skin and as such, if you are that age...you might consider a skin ellipse under the chin to remove the sagging skin.

I frequently use Radiesse injections at the Mandible angle to create a more masculine, angular appearing jaw.

Liposuction is a Good Way to Start

+1

Liposuction of the neck is an excellent way to remove fat from below the jawline. It usually is performed under local anesthesia with, or without sedation. Skin retraction is usually excellent, especially in younger patients.
Liposuction first is an excellent first step since direct fat excision in the neck (submentoplasty) is an additional procedure to a mini-facelift.
In most cases it is best to start with a closed, more minimal procedure that can be followed up as desired years later with skin lifting techniques.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon