At What Age Do Varicose Veins Occur?

I dont excersise much and im young but can you get them at ny age or only at 40 or 50?

Any age.

+1

Varicose veins can occur from many causes but the underlying problem is malfunctioning of the valves in feeding veins to the varicosities.  I have seen patients with varicose veins as young as 9 years old and as old as 98. In younger people hereditary and trauma play a role.  As people age then many other factors contribute to the development of varicose veins.

Naples General Surgeon

Varicose veins and age

+1

Varicose veins are more likely as we age and it is believed that it is a combination of factors including loss of valve integrity and loss of calf muscle bulk - the older we get, the weaker our calf muscles get- this condition is called sarcopenia - so keep your calf muscles strong so that they can effectively pump venous blood out of the legs and keep your veins healthy. I also recommedn Veinamin product for prevention of venous disease.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Age of onset of varicose veins and treatment of varicose veins

+1

Varicose veins can occur at any age, but usually begin in the mid twenties and begin to progress. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Age Varicose Veins Occurs

+1

Thank you for your question. You can get them at any age, and pregnancy/hormonal changes/genetics are the big causes for females, but men also get them. Standing on your feet for long periods can also cause them.   I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Varicose veins

+1

Varicose veins can occur at any age.  Risk factors include, being female, heredity, pregnancy and prolonged standing.

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon