Does Age Matter to Get Breast Implants?

Age and Breast Implants

+1

Typically, 18 is the youngest at which I will offer breast augmentation.   There may be an upper age limit, but this would have more to do with the health status of the patient than the age.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Does Age Matter to Get Breast Implants

+1

I am not sure if you are asking about ages on the low or high range. On the low end, 18 years is a common threshold for getting implants, and for silicone gel the minimum age is 22. 

At the upper end, health, not any number of years, is the determining factor. Elective cosmetic surgery of many types is commonly done in healthy patients well into their 80ies and sometimes beyond. 

The best answer to your specific questions will come in the setting of a consultation with a plastic surgeon.  When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

A patient's age when getting implants

+1

Hello. The physical health of a patient is much more important than her age. The only regulations to consider would be that the FDA recommends that patients be at least eighteen years old for saline implants and at least 21 years old for silicone implants. As far as being too old, as I said before a patient’s physical health is much more important than her age. There is no specific age that is considered “too old”.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Implant Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast Implants and Age Requirements

+1

With regard to age requirements and breast implants, the FDA has approved the use of silicone breast implants in patients over the age of 22.  There are no specific age requirements regarding saline breast implants.  With regard to upper age limits, one's overall health, rather than absolute age, is a better determinant as to whether a patient is a good candidate for breast augmentation.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon