Age Limit for Invisalign?

What is the age limit for getting an Invisalign? What age is considered "too old" for this?

Too Old for Invisalign?

+1

There really is no upper age limit for Invisalign. My oldest patient currently is 82 years old. The key is having the manual dexterity necessary to remove the aligners for eating and brushing. They are very snug and may present a problem if you suffer from arthritis or other age-associated conditions. If you have any concerns about your ability to wear the aligners, ask your orthodontist to make you a set of upper and lower Essix retainers which will simulate how the aligners will feel in your mouth. Good luck!

Albuquerque Orthodontist

You are never too old to get your teeth straight.

+1

There is no age limit for Invisalign nor is there one for traditional braces. I have treated patients well into their 70's. Teeth will still be able to straighten at older ages. The amount of time it take s to straighten your teeth will be dependent on the complexity of the crowding and the bite correction. Most orthodontists provide a free consultation so there is really nothing to lose to find out more about your treatment.

Matt T. Walton, DMD
Atlanta Orthodontist

Have Invisalign now!

+1

There is no upper age limit for teeth straightening. If you can afford, it you should go for it. Why go another year with crooked teeth? Teeth are so very important to a face and a smile, and what makes life worth living is feeling good about yourself.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

You are never to old to straighten your teeth

+1

You are never to old to straighten your teeth. If you have minor misalignment at any age invisalign can be a good choice, but if your case is complex I would highly recommend traditional braces. I would say the majority of adult cases I see do have some bite issues and it is in my experience very difficult to align bites with Invisalign.

James J. Awbrey IV, DMD
Atlanta Orthodontist

No "upper" age limit!!!

+1

With the advances in material sciences the age limit ba in orthodontics has been removed!! That holds true for Invisalign as well. Invisalign just like other form of orthodontic treatment (braces etc) move teeth very precisely depending upon your doctor's perscription.

Bobby Virk, DMD, MSD
Bellevue Orthodontist