Age: 30 w/ 2 yr old daughter;Prior Cup Size: 32 D/C Firm, Plump , Round. Researched "No Scar Lift", what are risks? (photo)

Breastfeeding: 32 DDD;After breastfeeding: 32B/CDeflated , light , no volumeBreast Implants; Breast LiftSaline Vs Silicone? Researched Hilton Becker " No Scar Lift"? I am desiring volume,roundness, and lift. What are the risks associated with loss of nipple sensitivity? What is the probability of no scarring or detection?

BBA

+1
This sounds like a marketing manoeuvre.  I don't know of a no scar lift.  In your case, I don't think you need a lift.  You could get a nice result with just an augmentation.

Breast Augmentation versus Lift

+1

Each woman has her own goals for breast size and shape. There is always a tradeoff with surgery and this most commonly means the addition of scars to the breast.

If a woman is seeking to return to the size and shape during breastfeed (and has experienced "deflation" of the breasts without significant lowering/drooping of the nipple) then a breast implant (augmentation) is a great solution.

The most common type of augmentation performed is a short scar (1.5 inches) hidden in the breast fold with a smooth, round silicone implant placed beneath the muscle. The scars for this approach are essentially invisible. A similar case is linked below.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

There is no such thing as a no scar breast lift

+1
there is no such thing as a no scar breast lift.  If an incision is required somewhere (even hidden), there will be a scar.  please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM) with or without implants

+1
Implants are not required unless you want to increase your cup size. You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the use of implants. This technique maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. The scar is hidden at the areola-skin junction. If you wanted larger breasts, implants could be placed simultaneously. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift, no scar

+1

There is no such thing as a "no scar lift" If an incision is made, there will be a scar and the healing will be dependent upon how you heal. To truly know what you need will require a proper physical exam. For instance, there is no way to know the quality of your skin. That is critical in this situation since an implant alone may make things  worse if your skin quality is poor. Visiting with a plastic surgeon will definitely yield results that you can made sound decisions. 

Raj S. Ambay, MD

There is no such thing as a no scar lift. Repeat

+1

There are ways to minimize the scars however, anytime you excise skin to lift and tighten the breast there is a scar.  Can you hide scars in appropriate patients - absolutely, but they still are scars. Do you need a lift or just implants, that's difficult to say without examining you but with the new shaped implants some patients who I would have thought would need a lift did not!

I would go on several consultations before deciding and don't go by the hype of what sounds too good to be true.  Good luck in your search.  Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lift or No Lift?

+1
Looking at your photos, you have classic postpartum involutional ptosis.  A dual plane, sub muscular augment with a cohesive gel implant will give you a beautiful, natural, youthful appearance to your breasts.  I don't think that you need a breast lift.  Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

No Scar Breast Lift

+1

Thank you for your question.  If a breast lift is performed on a patient, this means that excess skin of the breast is removed in addition to a small amount of tissue and the breast is repositioned higher on the patient's chest.  This type of procedure always requires some type of incision and therefore some type of scar.  Most patients in my practice heal very well  from this type of procedure and the scars fade nicely with time (in addition to several therapies I utilize to obtain the best scar possible)

However, in your case, your nipple position appears to be well above the inframammary fold (the fold under your breast) and this usually means that you can get a very nice result from a breast augmentation alone (without a lift), especially if you prefer a slightly more natural looking result.  This procedure can be done with very small scar which is frequently hardly visible.  I would further recommend a consultation with board certified plastic surgeon to help you determine the best procedure for you.

Sean A. Simon, MD

Dr. Kayser

+1

You have described your condition quite well. There appears to be a number of concerns with regard to your current breasts. Your pregnancy has essentially left you with two issues: first, a mild to moderate degree of breast ptosis or drooping and second, a decrease in breast volume or cup size. Although an implant will increase your breast volume, it appears that you have enough drooping with looser, thinner skin to consider a breast lift since an implant alone will likely result in a larger breast that will eventually fall over time. Unfortunately, a breast lift requires cutting excess skin and reducing the amount of soft tissue which would, necessarily, result in a scar. Fortunately, however, most scars heal nicely over time. Also, most patients do not experience loss of nipple sensitivity. One final solution in achieving what might be considered scarless breast surgery would be the use of fat grafting. With this approach, your own body fat is used to enhance your breast volume with almost imperceptible scars. Since fat is lighter in weight than an implant, it is possible that your long-term result may not see as much settling as an implant may impose. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon