Age 30. Go Ahead and Get the Fillers or Stick with the Glycolic Peels? (photo)

I have one nasolabial fold that is worse than the other side, due to how I slept my ENTIRE LIFE. Which was on the left side. I am wondering if my efforts of almost nightly use of low-dose Retinol, and occasional, at home, 20% Glycolic Peels will help with this, or should I just bite the bullet and get a filler injection? Will my efforts ever pay off, or am I just being cheap for no reason? Please help. I'm too young to have this serious of a laugh line. It's not even funny.

Dermal Fillers at 30 years Old?

+1

Hi Wolfpaw.  You are a good candidate for dermal fillers.  Retin A is not going to help with the kind of laugh line you have and we have many patients in their 30's using Botox, Dysport and dermal fillers.  Part of the reason is that some people's facial anatomy makes them look older than they actually are.

We would recommend Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane or Radiesse.  Have a consultation with an advanced injector and see what they think.  Good luck.

Laugh Lines

+1

Photos can be misleading but yours suggests some underlying acne or skin damage. Your skin looks fairly thick (which is good) but low dose Retinol and 20% glycolic peels will probably not pay. So -- 

• See a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for prescription strength skin care to get your skin healthy.
  • This can dramatically improve facial lines and folds in the young.
  • If you sun bathe or use tanning beds - stop! They damage skin support.
  • Then - go to fillers. They are all good but Radiesse works well in this area and at current prices gives you more filler for you money.

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD