Aftercare of Sculptured Lipo and Butt Enhancement?

I just had a sculptured lipo on 3/27/12, out of state. On my back, flanks and a butt enhancement, however my dr said that i needed to follow up with Thereaputic massages , is it really necessary . If it is, can someone recommend someone in NYC. Thank you..

Massage after Liposculpture

+1

Massage after liposculpture may be helpful for smoothing scar, but many patients are capable of doing this on their own.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Massage Helpful but not Mandatory after liposuction

+1

Although Therapeutic or "lymphatic massage" may be helpful it is not mandatory. Endermologie is also very helpful after liposculpture/liposuction but again, not critical.  Although deep tissue massage following liposuction can aid in smoothing out  contour irregularities that invariably accompany this procedure it has limited effect on the final outcome and  is NOT mandatory. Some plastic surgeons recommend it to all  patients as they feel the edema resolves faster.  Ask your surgeon to show you or a significant other how to do this if cost is an issue.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Liposuction Aftercare

+1

Doing deep tissue massage on the areas operated on with liposuction can always help in smoothing out the various contour irregularities that invariably accompany this procedure. It is NOT mandatory, and so not every plastic surgeon recommends it to all their patients. It can be done by any massage therapist or even you at home. It really just involves massaging the area - ask your surgeon to show you. If you can afford to have it done professionally then do it. Otherwise, just do it yourself. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Daniel Kaufman, MD