After 2 Years of Upper Eyelid Surgery My Eyes Have Drooped Again Do I Need Surgery Again or is There Another Method?

Droopy eyes 2 years after upper eyelid surgery

+1

Without pictures it is impossible to tell what the presenting issues are, whether it is dermatochalasis or ptosis.  The position of the eyelids and eyebrows are very important.  Make sure you seek out a very experienced surgeon who performs lots of revision eyelid surgeries.

Lazy eyes??

+1

Your condition is difficult to determine without photographs or an examination. You could have upper eyelid ptosis ( Lazy eye ), brow ptosis or another condition that was not addressed at your original surgery. Please consider a consult with a local ASAPS member. They are experts in corrective Cosmetic Surgery. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelids or droopy brows! Big difference in treatment

+1

A wrong diagnosis can lead to the wrong surgery. It is not uncommon where a patient who has brow ptosis is treated with eyelid surgery rather than brow lift. This will lead to early relapse of droopy eyelid skin and unaesthetic appearance of the brow-eye area.  It is critical to be evaluated by a surgeon whos familiar with diagnosing facial aesthetics to have the right treatment done for stable and long lasting, attractive results.

C. Carson Huynh, MD, DMD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper Eyelid Drooping after 2 Years

+1

Upper eyelid drooping, assuming you are not referring to ptosis,  2 years following upper eyelid surgery is most likely due to additional brow descent that can be remedied by brow lift.  Normally, upper eyelid surgery lasts much longer than 2 years, but, without pictures, this determination is hard to make. 

Is upper eyelid surgery needed again?

+1

Pictures would be needed to give you the best advice.  There are generally two procedures that can help with the upper eyelids.  These would be upper blepharoplasty and a brow lift.  If you only had the upper blepharoplasty done two years ago, it may be that your brows are falling and they need to be lifted. This in turn will help with the upper eyelid.  If your brows are not too low, then it is possible that another upper blepharoplasty could help.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Generally speaking, an Upper Eyelid Surgery to remove excess skin and fat of the upper eyelid should not need to be repeated for many years if ever.  If the upper eyelids appear droopy and full at this time, I suspect the eyebrows may have been low and the upper eyelid surgery caused these to drop further.  You might want to have a few consultations to determine the cause of the eye droopiness and if a Brow Lift is the answer.