After Three Years: Not Level or Symmetric Breasts and Noticeable Nipple Scars. What Do I Do?

I had done my silicone implants, 270 cc, almost three ago, a year later I consulted my surgeon because the left breast looks lower and moved to the side, also the scar around the nipple was expanding and changing color, due to that mi surgeon reinstall the left nipple because he didn´t like the scar, but I´m not sure if he did something about putting the left breast back in place. Today the left breast still looks lower and moved also both scars are pretty noticeable. What should I do now?

Breasts not symmetric

+2

Breast asymmetry is one of the most challenging subjects in my practice.  Often times when the difference is not too much then it is simple to correct but breasts differ in many ways.  My first question is: Were your breasts symmetrical before the augmentation? If they were then most likely the problem is a displaced implant.  Often implants placed under the muscle will migrate down and out (to the side) due to muscle push or excessive dissection at the initial surgery.  This is correctible and your surgeon should have done it when he revised the scar.  After 3 years this will not correct itself and you will need a repair.  My suggestion to you is to go back to your surgeon and point out the problem to him.  See if he understands what you want and what solution he proposes.  Maybe he doesn't know how to correct it.  If you're not satisfied with his plan then you need to seek more opinions or even choose a different surgeon to correct your problem. 

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery

+1

All women who have breast implants will require breast implant revision surgery.  You are three years after your inital surgery and changes occur over time.  Your palstic surgeon probably did not do something wrong.  Scars varyy from person to person.  The asymetry may need to be repaired if significant.

Note: Revision surgery should be performed for significant issues because you will likely need another in the next 10 to 15 years

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Breast Augmentation Revision

+1

Based on your description it sounds like you may be experiencing implant asymmetry because of displacement of one of your implants.

One of the most common complications after breast augmentation surgery is implant mal-position. This occurs when the implant is in an incorrect position on the chest wall. This may include incorrect position of the implant superiorly (“riding high”), inferiorly (“bottoming out”), medially (“symmastia or uni-boob”) or laterally (falling outward into the axilla).

The lateral (outwardly) displacement of your breast implant can be corrected using an internal suture technique decreasing the size of the pocket and moving the implant up and towards the midline.

+1

You dont post photos, but with what you state, it is unlikely that the surgeon did anything to the implant placement if it still looks the same.  It is difficult to make recomendations without seeing photos, but you should consult with your surgeon regarding possible revision.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Scarring after peri-areolar mastopexy

+1

Unfortunately, poor scarring following peri-areolar mastopexy with implant augmentation is very common. If you are going to get your breasts revised, you should consider a vertical mastopexy approach with implant exchange.

Arian Mowlavi, MD
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants should be level

+1

There are variations right to left for most individuals who have breast implants, though your implants should be positioned fairly symmetrical right to left. If things just are not going right with your surgeon it may help to get additional opinions to see if something can be, or should be done.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast lower after augmentation

+1
If the breasts are different in height then sometimes this can be revised. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Breasts are normally a bit asymmetric with one being lower than the other.  If they are "way off" then perhaps they may need a revision.  Discuss this with your doctor after beign examined.