After 3 Years of Having Botox for Crows Feet I Have Indents Under my Eyes Will They Go Away?

After having Botox at the corner of my eyes I have indents under my eyes a kind of deflated look to the too of my cheeks, my under eye wrinkles are much worse & my crows feet have come back with a vengeance.I really don't want to make it all worse but it's getting me down I last had Botox around 4 months ago, will the deflated look improve?

Under eye hollowness and Botox

+1

You may get the best answer to your questions by asking the provider you gave you the last Botox injections if photographs were taken prior to the botox administration and then comparing those photos with your appearance now.  Botox should not cause any long lasting effect.  I have never seen crows feet worsening compared to baseline after the Botox wore off, nor am I aware as to how it would cause a hollowness of the lower eyelids.

Crows feet and botox treatment

+1

It sounds like in the 3 years you have been getting effective botox results in the crows area the aging process in that area was masked. Your last botox treatment might have been ineffective. This would mean you have not had botox activity int he crows area for approximately 7 months or more. At this time your crows feet would return. It would look worse because of 3 years of aging in the area that was previously masked by effective botox therapy. Also, after getting used to a smoother crows area for 3 years, any wrinkle in the area would alarm you the more. I would advise a return to your injector for evaluation of the last injection you received.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Indents after Botox

+1

What you are describing appears to be more facial fat loss as part of the normal aging process rather than a Botox effect. The long term effects of Botox on the crows feet is not dramatic as the muscles of the cheek will also cause wrinkling in that area, for that reason Botox is used in the crows feet as an off label non FDA approved treatment.

Julio Garcia, MD

Botox, crows feet and deflated under eye area

+1

Greetings~

Sorry to hear that your eye area is giving you such trouble.  Botox will not cuase hollowness.  It will only effect the muscles where it is injected. As we age we do lose fat in the face and often under the eyes as well, which can lead to a sunken appearance, regardless of how much or how little Botox is injected.  Often times we place a filler, like Restylane, in the tear trough and under eye area to address this.  The other problem that may contribute to a less than ideal result is that if Botox is placed incorrectly around the eye area it may create lines, wrinkles and "shelves" of skin that are not pleasing. Make sure your provider knows your concerns and have a discussion about it.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Botox for Crows Feet

+1

It sounds like you are experience more of the aging process in the areas under your eyes.  This has nothing to do with Botox treatments for crows feet, they are seperate areas.  As we age we get wrinkles at the corner of the eyes, treated with Botox, and the loss of fat and hollowing under the eyes.  This is best treated with a filler such as Juvederm. Botox filler combination in this area is the key.  Dr. Halem

Monica Halem, MD

Botox for Crow's Feeet

+1

It's not clear if you are indicating that the treatment outcomes was disappointing with your last treatment four months prior or if you are have noticed a lack of expected outcomes over time.

There may be a couple of reasons for what you are observing.  First, placement of Botox around the eyes is important in creating a natural result by minimizing the negative and enhancing the positive.  If the technique and placement was not the issue, you may be realizing other factors that cannot be addressed with Botox or Dysport.  Using a cosmetic dermal filler (ex:  Restylane) may be a good option in restoring volume under the eyes and create a smooth transition from under the eye to the cheek area.

Be certain to review your concerns and goals with your practitioner.

The below website link reviews many treatment options for eye rejuvenation.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox and hollow eyes

+1

What you are describing sounds like a separate issue than the "crows feet" lines you have had treated by Botox.  Botox works by temporarily paralyzing muscles through a process called "chemodenervation."  This should not affect the hollow/deflated area to the top of your cheeks that you are describing. 

A simple treatment for the hollow/deflated under eye/top of cheek area is either fillers of fat transfer.  Fillers will last for 6-12 months and Fat transfer will last for the amount of fat that sets up a permanent blood supply and actually lives at this new area.  Fillers and fat transfer can be done as an office/or outpatient procedure depending on the patient and physician comfort level.

Michael A. Fallucco, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Botox for lines from hyperactive muscles

+1
Because botox and dysport work by relaxing muscles, they would not cause hollowness uderthe eyes. You may need a filler such as juvederm or restylane.

Richard Baxter, MD

Botox and Facial Deflation / Aging

+1

There is a fundamental difference between Botox, Fillers and other facial rejuvenation procedures. Botox temporarily paralyzes muscles into which it is placed thereby smoothing wrinkles cased by active muscle contractions. Fillers ad volume to volume depleted areas of the face and body. When used to correct such situations , they work extremely well. But neither Botox nor fillers can lift or tighten skin. Depending on the facal area and the extent of sagging, it may be partially corrected with laser skin tightening or may require a Facelift / eyelid lift procedure. In your case, you may need more than Botox and a skin tightening prccedure.