How Long to Wear Binder After Tummy Tuck?

After 3 Weeks from Tt and Lipo is It Advantageous to Wear the Binder at Night Especially? I am happy with usual swelling and am wondering when told to wear my binder 6 weeks give or take I have no problem but is it ok to not wear my binders (breast lift too) at night or is this an exceptionally good time to wear them while your body is resting and recuping?

+2

I ask my patients to wear a compression garment for about 6 weeks after tummy tuck or breast lift surgery. It should be worn day and night for the first 4 weeks, and when up and around for the next 2 weeks. Of course it can be worn longer if a patient desires. If you find that swelling seems to recur after you stop wearing the garment then wear it for a few more weeks.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Wearing a Binder After a Tummy Tuck

+2

It is my recommendation to my patients that the binder be worn for 6 weeks after surgery. It is usually the recommendation of the companies that design the garments as well. If you look at one of those websites it can tell you a little bit more about them and their benefits. One great resource is Design Veronique.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD