5 weeks post Smart Lipo, still experiencing pain on my thighs? Is this normal?

It's been 5weeks and I'm still experiencing major pain in my inner thighs closer to the knee area. When can I expect the pain to stop. Is there something I can do to lessen the pain

Pain post lipo 5 weeks

+2
I find that due to the heat energy delivered during the treatment, some patients following Smart-Lipo experience discomfort for 2-4 months following the procedure. While your experience is probably normal you should return to your surgeon for an opinion and possible treatment with medications, massage and may be even external ultrasound.  Best of luck.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lipo and tenderness

+1
It is normal for you to still be experiencing small bouts of pain from the procedure. I suggest massaging the area with a light amount of pressure (what is tolerable) to help soften the area and increase circulation to the area. If the pain is unbearable, you should contact your board certified plastic surgeon immediately to address the problem. 

Thank you for your question!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Smart lipo and pain

+1
Probably due to the heat of the Smart lipo pain is more common and prolonged but if you have concerns touch base with your surgeon.