After 3 Weeks Post Op of Have Juva Derm Injected in to my Lips They Are Still Swollen, How Can I Fix This?

I went back for a follow up after 2 weeks, and the cosmedic dentist who did the procedure said to take aleve to help with the swelling it is mainly on the right side well Iam still haveing some swelling what else can I do to fixthe problem?

Best Treatment of Swelling Weeks After Cosmetic Dentist Juvederm Injections in Lip

+2

Hi Dayton,

You can have your cosmetic dentist pull out a few teeth on the side of the swelling to even things out, or wait for your swelling to resolve and see a core cosmetic physician specialist (plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery, derm, or opthalm plastic)  next time.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

"swelling" causing poor results 2 weeks after lip injection

+1

It is unlikely that your swelling is significant two weeks after injection. The asymmetry you see is likely due to the filler itself.

I would recommend you see a more experienced filler provider.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric swelling of lips after Juvederm

+1

At 3 weeks, the swelling should be gone, so any excess fullness or asymmetry is the Juvederm product in  your lips.  I would go to an experienced trained physician to see if they can fix your asymmetry or perhaps dissolve some of the excess product you have.  

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

+1

Seriously, you had a cosmetic dentist inject your lips with Juvederm?  IMHO, you should always have treatments and procedures performed by a physician trained to do these procedures and not someone doing it for any other reason.  You may want to get a second opinion with a physician, in your area, trained and experienced using fillers for lip augmentation.  

Uneven lips after juvederm

+1

I agree with many of the others and think that at this point the only thing that would cause this other than the juvederm is a hematoma and you usually will feel and/or see this as different than ordinary swelling. Would be firm and probably tender. If you can be patient for another week or two it is possible that you can save yourself some treatment  but my guess is that this is the product. Options are dissove and start over or touch up the other side. That choice depends on whether you are willing to go with the larger sides size. Next time, please go to an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Bet you wouldn't have your dermatologist fix your teeth.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

How long does swelling from Juvederm last

+1

Swelling from injection of Juvederm usually lasts 3-7 days.  Two reason may account for persistent swelling on one side.  There may be a hematoma beneath the injection or there may be more Juvederm on one side than the other.

Swelling from hematomas may take a little longer to resolve.  If the swelling still persists in 1-2 weeks, I recommend going back to the injecting physician or a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to get the Juvederm dissolved with hyaluronidase.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Why would you use a dentist to inject a filler into you lips???? You can have appropriate treatment in as Plastic Surgeon or Derm's office. A dentist has no idea how to handle these minor issues. 

Swelling 2 weeks after juvederm to the lips

+1

Believe it or not, 2 weeks is still not a lot of time for all the swelling to resolve after Juvederm is injected to the lips.  I would wait 2 more weeks.  Anti-inflammatories at this point likely won't make much difference.  If you are still unhappy after 2 weeks, then you can have hyaloronidase injected to dissolve the juvederm.  Most likely, though, the swelling should go down by then and you will be very happy.

Gary D. Breslow, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Juvederm

+1

One of the advantages of a hyaluronic acid-based filler such as Juvederm is that it is dissolvable using a medicine called hyaluronidase.  Several small injections of hyaluronidase usually take care of the problem.  It can be repeated if there is still excess filler.

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven lips after Juvederm

+1

Uneven lips three weeks after Juvederm injection means it is most likely unevenness from the treatment rather than swelling. Instead of hyaluronidase injections to reverse the treatment, I would recommend adding a small amount of Juvederm to the other side to balance the lips. This may possibly result in the lips being a litter fuller than you would like but it will be very temporary and should look good when it settles down. This makes more sense to me then dissolving and possibly starting over.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon