After 7 Weeks Pain and Asymmetry? (photo)

hello, 7 weeks ago i had Breast enlargement and still i have pain. my left breast went down and it more soft and less painful. my right breast is very high, painful and less soft. there is different in the shape .The Areola Mammae also have different between them, one become wider. Is it normal and jest will take time to recover or it will stay like this? my doctor is on vacation and I'm very worry. (picture before and after attach) sorry about my English that's not my language. thank you

Asymmetry may correct itself after breast augmentation

+2

Thank you for your question and photographs. You certainly do have some asymmetry with the right implant sitting a little higher. This may come down over time and it may not and have to be surgically repositioned. In this situation, I like to have my patients wear an elastic bandage (like an Ace wrap) around their chest, above the higher implant and below the lower implant. This can help with the asymmetry and, hopefully, avoid another surgery. Wear it firmly and as much as possible.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Questions after #breastaugmentation surgery

+2

From your photos, it appears that you have some degree of asymmetry, but this looks similar to your pre-op appearance. You have more tissue excess on the left and it is likely the reason why the left appears different. At seven weeks, you will still see some degree of change over the next several months so be patient.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

7 weeks post op pain and asymmetry

+2

Your photo looks quite normal for this early after surgery...yes, you are still early and healing will go on for several more months.  If you have smooth shell implants, displacement exercises esp on the right side will help.  Also, a stabilizer band to put downward pressure on the right breast will help. 

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Pain and Asymmetry

+2

I do note some difference in the breast contours, and this is not uncommon during the first few months with implants placed under the pectoralis muscles, as these muscles are tight early on and relax only after three to six months in many women. Often the "handed" side is the one slower to relax. 

I do also note from the photos some asymmetry present in the before pictures--the entire left breast looks lower. This asymmetry is often more noticeable when the breasts are enlarged.

This requires no urgent or emergent attention, so it is reasonable to wait for your surgeon's return. Continue with massage according to the surgeon's instructions.

Thanks for your question and for the attached photos, best wishes.