Will I be okay after 2 weeks of healing prior to interning chairside?

I am 37 and need to know if you think I will be okay to take only 2 weeks off to heal after having tummy tuck. I will be commuting 1 hour and interning as a dental assistant 4-5 hours in a chair in uncomfortable positions. Thank you, Sintoya

Tummy tuck healing time

+1

Many people would be OK to go back to work 2 weeks post op but everyone has different pain tolerances.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

+1

You may be OK. This will be hard to predict without knowing the degree of plication needed and your own intrinsic healing properties and pain tolerance abilities.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Two weeks?

+1

I'd say that schedule might be pushing it. Patients do all heal differently and need differing amounts of pain control. To be safe I'd look at three weeks or more

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

+1

The best I can say is that some patients would do fine after two weeks, others not. Discussing this with your surgeon in person, at which time you can demonstrate the positions in the chair will yield better advice than you will get online.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.