After 4 Weeks a Little Bump Appeared on the Bridge of my Nose, Will Is Stay? (photo)

4 weeks postop from a revision rhinoplasty;I have noticed a little bump on the dorsum.I think this bump is growing, but I'm not sure. There was a slight bump after the cast was removed(day 7),but only felt by touch.Now it's visible as you can see in the pictures.I'm becoming extremely worried and obsessive thinking this bump may grow,looking at the mirror hundred of times per day,touching the bump,etc.If it stays this way I don't mind,but I have this fear of regrowing! Why and What is this bump?

If your bump doesn't resolve, you may consider a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatment to improve the profile of your nose.

+2

I read your concern and reviewed your photos. My hunch is that you're seeing a small bump as the swelling in your nose continues to dissipate. You appear to have a nice improvement in your appearance after rhinoplasty, and this minor profile irregularity may be improved without further surgery. The photo demonstrates that a bit of volume just below the bump would minimize or eliminate its appearance, and this could be achieved with a well-performed Injectable Filler. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hump

+1

Sometimes as the swelling comes down small irregularities sometimes appear.  Swelling will persist for months so give it time.  You may need a revision with simple rasping.

After 4 Weeks a Little Bump Appeared on the Bridge of my Nose, Will Is Stay?

+1

You should ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.  This may be a small amount of callous or scar tissue that could be flattened with gentle massage...if your Rhinoplasty Surgeon suggests this or a similar approach.  It is unethical for another surgeon to give you advice during the immediate post-op phase after a Rhinoplasty or any surgery.  

Rhinoplasty

+1

Consult your rhinoplasty surgeon, who did the surgery.after examination one can tell if it is  a cartilage , bone or may be a small hematoma.

It is possible it is part of the original hump, cartilage or a bone that became more prominent after the swelling came down. You need to wait 3-6 months, if it is still there or became more prominent it can be smoothed.