After 3 Weeks my Breasts Still Feel Hard and No Sensitivity in my Nipples, What Can I Do?

I got 250cc Mentor silicone implants on July 5th and it's been over 3 weeks and my breasts still feel hard and I have been massaging them every day. I only have sensitivity in my right nipple. I cant feel anything in my left nipple. I had them placed under the muscle, with the incision around the areola. Is this normal? I heard some people take some drugs to help soften breasts? Should I also wear paper tape around my scars to help them heal?

After breast augmentation, healing takes time

+2

3 weeks is very early in the recovery process and you should not be discouraged. you should go back to see the surgeon if you have any questions about how things are coming along. it is not unusual to hear complaints like yours at this early juncture and in most instances, the problems resolve with the passage of time.

be patient and keep in close contact with your surgeon if you think there might be real problems.

Web reference: http://www.drbarach.com

Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks after breast surgery

+1

At this point in time of your recovery, it is normal for your breasts to feel firm and tight. It is also very normal for you to have some numbness in your nipple/areola area for the first couple months. This may improve over time. Keep doing what you’re doing and massage the breasts to help them settle and soften. Manipulating the breasts may help prevent encapsulation and allows the implants to settle into the pockets. Consult your surgeon to address any concerns and follow all post-op care instructions to ensure the best result possible. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Breast implant hard soon after surgery

+1

Please be patient!  In my experience, it may take six months before the implants reach their final shape, feel, and size. The same is true for your nipple sensation, and it may take twelve months for sensation to return.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Firmness 3 wks after implants

+1

You are still very early in the healing process and firmness is not at all unusual at this time. I tell my patients that it will take at least 3 months and probably closer to 6 months for all the swelling to go away. It also takes time for the skin and musle to stretch out and loosen so be patient. And continue to see your surgeon who will be able to help you evaluate your healing process.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks after a breast augmentation

+1

It is still very early in the healing process and it takes a couple months to see and feel your final result. Being that you had the implants inserted through the areola, it is going to take longer for the nerves and sensation to come back to the nipples. It is normal to feel firmness 3 weeks post-op. It is a good idea to wear steri-strips over the incisions for 3-4 weeks to protect from infection.

It is a good idea to continue follow up with your plastic surgeon as recommended to monitor your healing process.

Web reference: http://www.lookyounger.net