After Having Vaser Liposuction on my Ankles, How Much Swelling Should I Expect in my Feet?

Will vaser liposuction swelling make it difficult to walk afterwards?

Vaser Liposuction

+1

Swelling should be present for weeks due to the location of the procedure.  Elevation should be very beneficial.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Swollen feet following Vaser for ankles

+1

Following Vaser swelling and bruising is quite common, this particularly the case for the legs. Swelling travels downwards below the actual operation site under gravitational forces as patients are up and about. From ankles it can go down to feet - mostly dorsum but also to the soles of the feet and toes. It can be uncomfortable to wear normal shoes.

Elevating foot end of your bed by putting few cushions under a mattress can aid a natural drainage over night. But towards the end of the day swelling will come back. This will last for quite a few weeks and sometimes months. Wearing your compression stockings, elevating legs when sitting and a gentle lymphatic drainage massage will help recovery.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist