After Vaser Lipo is it Good to Massage?

i have vaser lipo yesterday do i have to do massage to have good resolt?

Massage after VASER liposuction is helpful

+3

Massage after liposuction can be helpful in resolving tissue swelling and relieving small areas of firmness.  Lymphatic drainage massage doesn't require much pressure and is well tolerated in the early part of recovery.  Other adjunctive techniques include the use of external (non-imaging) ultrasound and body wraps.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo

+2

Massaging can be of benefit within reason.  You do not need to do aggressive massages and risk damage to the tissue.  A gentle massage will be beneficial and assist in smoothing out the textural irregularities.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Vaser lipoo and massage

+2

Some surgeons recommned lymphatic massage with liposuction.  Vaser because of the heart has a slighlty higher seroma rate, so it  may be worth it, but you should ask your surgeon.

After Vaser Lipo is it Good to Massage?

+2

Yes Lymphatic massage is very helpful after the swelling decreases. Regards From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Massage after VASER Lipo

+1

It is extremely important to have massage after VASER Lipo or any type of lipo.  Liposuction creates significant edema as a cannula is passing through the tissue hundreds of times to remove fat.  This creates irritation of the tissue which tends to ooze a clear serous fluid from inflammation.  Also there is space between the skin and the underlying muscle fascia from where the fat used to be.  Lymphatic massage combined with external ultrasound will help to expedite the recovery process by expelling any fluid through the incision sites as well as opening the lymphatics to help remove inflammation and edema faster.  The massage combined with the garment helps the tissue to adhere faster resulting in less seromas after the operation and faster healing.  I tell my patients to start lymphatic massage the next day after the operation and have them done daily for 10 straight days.  Although the massages can be discomforting, patients feel much better afterwards and I have found have a much quicker recovery process with less seromas.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction and Exercise

+1

Vaser Liposuction is the platinum standard and people feel great after this type .  I have done over 1200 patients with the Vaser and the results are most pleasing. Less pain, better skin adaption .This is the best and you are lucky.  Plain old lipo, on the other hand works very well.  As great as you feel you should take it easy.  Go slow.  No sauna or hot tub till 2 weeks.  It, of course depends also on the extent of you procedure.  WALK DONT RUN in you recovery.  Walk and walk some more for exercise.  After 2 weeks, gofor it.  "The would at rest heals best"....a quote by L.D. Howard, a world famous San Francisco hand surgeon, is a good guide line.  Let the part liposuctioned rest a bit.  You will be rewarded by even faster healing.  Congratulations on choosing the Vaser.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Post-VASER massage

+1

In my practice we offer a specialized post-VASER care treatment which involves daily digital manipulation of the treatment area for the first 7-10 days to facilitate external drainage of the tissue fluid collection under the skin of the treatment area. I don't believe that true lymphatic massaging is possible or even indicated in immediate post-lipo patients as the lymphatic channels have been traumatically disruppted and the serous or tissue fluid can not be resorbed back into the vascular circulation without intact and functioning lymphatic channels. In fact, I believe that true lymphatic massaging within the first 3-4 weeks after liposuction can exacerbate or even create seromas by stimmulating and mechanically inflamming the tissue being massaged and cause secretion of tissue fluid into extracellular space. I believe that in the immediate post-VASER lipo period if the serous fluid is not actively drained out of drainage ports or by needle aspiration, the body becomes overwhelmed by the fluid collection and forms loculated seromas and further delays lymphatic recovery. True lymphatic massage is designed to treat lymphedema in individuals with intact but fibrosed or diseased lymph nodes. That fluid is protein rich lymphatic fluid dispersed in extracellular tissue but not in a large surgically created cavity as in liposuction. After the fist month post-VASER lipo, I believe any tissue edema can improve with lymphatic massage but I would not recommend it earlier.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon