After we have one or two implants installed, may we still consider to have whole mouth fixed dentures in the futuer?

After we have implants now, if we like to have whole mouth fixed dentures in the future, do we have to pull out the implants before we have whole mouth fixed dentures installed? Thanks

Dental implants

+1
No you dont, just be sure to now the type of implants, and keep that info, that way when you require more work, this would help a lot, so everything would match,

Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

After placing 1-2 implants, can I still consider to have whole mouth fixed dentures in the futuer?

+1

Yes, you can have full mouth fixed dentures If you are able to place more implants and It depends on restoring upper arch or lower arch. Usually for lower arch you need to place less implants (minimum 4-5 implants) compare to upper arch.

Ali Makhmalbaf, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

+1

In Most cases , you can. The older implants can be used when u place more implants in the future. The cost of dental Implants and other treatment is upto 80% lesser in INDIA.

Gaurav K. Goel, MDS
India Cosmetic Dentist

After implants can we have fixed dentures?

+1

The short answer is yes assuming these implants are in the correct location, normally you would like at least 4 implant and in many cases 6-8 to restore an entire arch, I would not remove the implants good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD      CEO Baystate Dental PC

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

After Having 1or 2 Dental Implants, Can I Still Have a Full Mouth (Fixed) Implant Denture Later?

+1

Yes, in general, with good planning between the dentist that puts the implants in (often a Periodontist or an Oral Surgeon) and the Cosmetic Dentist (the one who will build the final smile and denture or bridge). You may be able to have additional implants added later and convert your denture to a type of bridge that stays in permanently.

But, not always. I would not predict that there is a good reason for them to have to be removed though.

If you are thinking seriously about more implants for the future, make sure both of your dentists know that NOW, so they can plan properly.

Scott Greenhalgh, DDS
Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Two implants now

+1

Doing two implants now is very common and if they are well positioned there is no reason they cannot be utilized in the future.  You are usually better off keep ing as many healthy teeth as possible because an enormous amount of proprioception comes from the teeth.  Whe you remove teeth the trigeminal nerve cells die.  The Trigeminal Nerve is a Cranial Nerve so it is actually brain cells that are killed.

The all on four procedures are not necessarily the best implant treatment. 

Ira Shapira, DDS
Lake Forest Cosmetic Dentist