After a Tummy Tuck. What is the Most Weight You Can Lose Without Negligible Effects to Your TT?

Weight Loss After Tummy Tuck

+1

It depends on how much weight and fat you have on your abdominal wall. From a tummy tuck, usually one does not lose a significant amount of weight. It is only to improve the contour and shape.

Weight loss after tummy tuck / Perdida de peso despues de abdominoplastia

+1

Losing weight after a tummy tuck is great  but can compromise your results.  Obviously everybody will tell you to wait until you have finished losing weight before you get your tummy tuck. But, that is unrealistic for a lot of patients.  I commend you on continuing your quest for the perfect body.  Losing 10-15 lbs depending your height probable will work ok.  After you get past 20 lbs or so a mini-tummy tuck might be in your future.

Good luck, and thank you for the question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Bajar de peso despues de una abdominoplastia es bueno pero al mismo tiempo puede comprometer los resultados. Obviamente todo el mundo le va a decir que espere hasta que haya bajado todo el peso antes de someterse a una abdominoplastia. Pero esta no es la realidad para muchos pacientes. Yo le recomiendo que siga con su objetivo de llegar al cuerpo perfecto. Bajar de 10 a 15 libras dependiendo de su estatura probablemente le va ayudar. Despues que usted baje 20 libras una mini-abdominoplastia puede estar en su futuro.

Suerte y gracias por la pregunta

Atentamente,

Anire Okpaku MD

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Tummy tuck and weight loss

+1

Ideally, you should proceed with your tummy tuck after you've lost your weight so you can get the best results.  If you have already had your tummy tuck, it is fine to proceed with a healthy lifestyle which includes exercise.   However, large amounts of weight loss perhaps exceeding 15-20 lbs may cause a recurrence of laxity in your abdominal wall. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Losing Weight After Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

I advise my patients to be at their lowest, most stable weight prior to surgery to achieve the best results possible.  Because every patient differs with how losing weight affects them and the different parts of their bodies, it is very difficult to give you an exact number.  

Usually 5-10 pounds of weight loss is the range I provide to my patients who are asking this question.