After Tummy Tuck I Feel Very Tight is It Normal?

Hello! I went for 3 consultations and 2 surgeons recommended mini tuck with Lipo and one recommend a fully tummy tuck. I finally went to have a full tummy tuck. Now after 5 days I noticed that the abdominal is unusual tightness and it feels like weight too tight when I try to bend a bit backward and stand up straight. Could that be because the tummy tuck is too much for me and it should really perform just a mini tuck. Is blood circulation can occur?

Abdominal tightness is normal

+1

you are only 5 days after your surgery.  It is normal to feel tight and you shouldn't be trying to stand up straight for 2 weeks

Tummy Tuck Should Feel Tight 5 Days Post-op

+1

You should very tight 5 days following a TT, especially when standing erect and bending backwards.  If nothing else is amiss, I would not be very concerned.  If you have other concerns, contact your surgeon.

John Whitt, MD

Tightness After A Tummy Tuck

+1

Dear Gary6976,  It is very common to experience tightness in the abdomen after a tummy tuck, especially within the first few weeks.  It takes a number of days to weeks for the skin and muscles to stretch and adapt to the tension placed on them during your surgery but that is how you get the long lasting results you are seeking.

Try walking as upright as you can but don't push it past the point of being comfortable.  Every time you get up, try to walk a bit more upright.  Progress in the first few weeks after surgery is measured in baby steps, not in big leaps.  

Please discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon who can advise if there is anything to be concerned about in your recovery.  Best of luck.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Feeling “Very Tight” after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Although your plastic surgeon is in the best position to give you good advice and real reassurance, it is very common for patients who have undergone tummy tuck surgery to feel that they are “very tight” during the recovery period, and even for several months afterwards.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.