How Soon After Tooth Extraction Can I Get TT

Bit of a random question... and, of course I will be calling my PS to ask him as well. However, I am looking to move my surgery date up from May 16 to April 4... due to unforseen scheduling conflicts.... Problem is I have a tooth abcess extraction on 3/22. That would be exactly 14 days prior to the date I would like to have my TT. Is that too soon? I will be on antibiotics for about 10 days after extraction. Will this pose a risk to my procedure?? Thank you for taking the time to answer my quest

Tummy Tuck

+1

I would want to make sure you had absolutely zero clinical or physical signs of infection and I would probably continue your antibiotic course right through surgery if it was that close

Tooth extraction before tummy

+1

This should not be problem as long as there is no ongoing infection.Obviously I would not have an elective procedure done if there is an unresolved infection.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Timing of dental surgery and elective surgery

+1

If you have an ongoing infection after the two weeks from your extraction, the surgery should be postponed.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after dental surgery

+1

I think as long as you have no clinical signs of infection, have completed your full course of antibiotics, and have no remaining dental infection issues, you should be fine to have your tummy tuck 2 weeks after your dental surgery.  Be sure to discuss this with your surgeon, though.

Tummy tuck after tooth extraction.

+1

You should be okay to go ahead with surgery after you complete the course of antibiotics from the tooth extraction. This assumes of course that the abscess resolves in that time.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck, abdominoplasty

+1

A tummy tuck, abdominoplasty should be able to be safely done in that time period after an extraction. However, if you do develop an infection from it, the surgery should be postponed. We do offer special pricing at this time for our out of town patient. Please inquire tyhrough our website. Also, watch my videos there also. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and infection

+1

As long as you have finished your antibiotic course and there is no evidence of an ongoing problem it should be ok to proceed with tummy tuck procedure at the earlier date.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Surgery Timing

+1

As long as all of your symptoms are resolved with the antibiotics and there is no evidence of infection (which should be the case), then there should be no problem to perform a tummy tuck.  Again, you should always talk to your surgeon prior to the procedure.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Timing of TT

+1

Generally speaking, dental surgery 2 weeks prior to an elective procedure poses little additional risk for a tummy tuck as long as you are healing and have no intra oral symptoms.  Please discuss this with plastic surgeon.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Timing Of TT

+1

Personally, I do not see any problem moving up your surgery date but I would discuss it with your surgeon.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.