How Soon After a Tickle Lipo Procedure Can You Fly on an Airplane?

I'm planning to get the tickle lipo on 3 areas (lovehandles, upper and lower abdomen)worked on a Thursday and booked a 1 hour flight trip 3 days after my surgery (Sunday). I heard tickle lipo had a quick recovery time and I know every varies on the person but how long should I wait to travel via airplane?

How soon can you fly after a Ticl;le Liposuction?

+2

The Tickle Lipo should shorten the recovery time compared to other liposuction procedures because it removes only fat and not the connective tissues. You can see this by the lack of connective tissue "strings" attached to the end of the liposuction cannula with the Tickle Lipo. However, maximum swelling usually occures during the second post op day. This means if you have surgery on Monday, Wednesday is your maximum day for swelling, regardless of the procedure--nose job, face lift, etc. So, I believe for the first two days it is best to stay at the same altitude and do not over-do activity.

Other very important factors in recovery are abstaining from medications and supplements that can reduce your ability ot clot, thus causing more bleeding. These would include aspirin, Advil, Aleve, ibuprofen, fish or krill oil, vitamen E and herbs. It also includes many diet drinks because of the high concentration of Vitamin E.

I hope this helps.  Good luck, and remember that it is hard to change your behavior, but stay on a healthful diet before and after surgery. Go for longevity.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction With Quicker Recovery

+2

For faster recovery, one should seek:

• smaller cannulas (suction instruments with the "straw" being the size of a coffee stirrer)
  • tumescent anesthesia (where the fat is numbed with a blood vessel shrinking solution)
  • less fat removal, more shaping and contouring
  • avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, Aleve, Vitamin E and other factors at least one week before

You should be fine to fly a few days after liposuction. Good luck!

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Flying after Surgery

+1

Thank you for your question.  You should get the "clearance" of flying after your procedure from your surgeon.  I have many patients who fly a couple days after liposuction surgery but again, it is best to ask your surgeon since he/she knows your history and the procedure performed the best.  Best Wishes!

3 days is usually fine. Ask the doctor who is doing your procedure.

+1

This is a question you should ask the doctor who is going to do your procedure.  I personally would allow any of my liposuction patient to fly within 3 days following the procedure.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Tickle liposuction is just a marketing term

+1

Tickle liposuction is just a marketing term..  All liposuction preformed under local anesthesia is designed to provide a rapid recovery. I have had many patients from abroad who have flown home within a few days after liposuction.There is no reason not to fly after local anesthesia liposuction

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

How soon after Tickle lipo can I fly?

+1

Tickle lipo can be done under local anesthesia only or with sedation. It is not the type of machine that one uses that determines the recovery. It is the surgeon's experience, using small cannulas and being gentle with the tissues helps shorten the recovery. The patient's role is to not overdo things to increase swelling and stay off any medications and supplements which cause increased bleeding and bruising. I leave the skin wounds open, do not suture them and this allows for less bruising as well. Can expect fluid leakage for 1-2 days, but by the third day you should be ready to fly. remember, on a long flight you need to get up and walk around to prevent blood clot formation.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon